The first day of editing

 This is the first day of editing for my group film project for my media studies class. I am very excited to get into the editing of the film and I think we have very interesting film idea. The first thing that we had to do upon finishing filming was upload all the files and name/organize them in a file. We then went on Facetime with the group and discussed the various way the film could pay out and where we could make scenes fit into the film. As we did not film all of the story board we originally planned to. Just  being cut from the production because we felt they were unnecessary, or we didn't have time to shoot the scenes. Once we had our scene placement, we had to discuss how each scene would transition into the next. This proved to be one of the hardest parts of the editing because it really does make or break your film . Having fluent and non choppy transition is very important. I then went through each clip scoping for imperfection that would have to make us refilm a scene. Once I had that done it was time to put it in to the editing platform. For the editing platforms we will be using, I have decided on a few. I will be using a editing and production software called Davinci resolve and my partners will use various others. Once I had all the clips in the editing software. I arranged them in the order they are supposed to be at. Then I started playing around with many different transitions. Once I found a good one would remember the name and save it to a notepad. Once we were done looking over that we mainly had to focus on the music portion of the film. The music was very tricky to get right. There is lots issue at play, the first and biggest one being copy right issues. Then we proceeded to find a royalty free song we could use the for the film.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The film is done!

Project Blog

Title Research: Secret Obsession